Welcome to NPL’s Mediation Clinic: The Mediation Roadshow
Next Phase Legal LLC is pleased to announce the Mediation Roadshow, a clinic designed to bring expert dispute resolution services to the community in a comfortable and affordable environment.
Conflict comes in various forms and is a part of our daily lives. Unresolved conflicts, whether with a neighbor, co-worker, landlord, or family member, brings with it a significant impact on our quality of life, and can negatively effect our communities.
Often, people in conflict need assistance to help solve the problem or problems they face. Traditional options may not fit the bill in a number of ways—whether they are too formal and stressful, really expensive, or involve a slow timeline. Not surprisingly, more and more people are unable or unwilling to spend thousands of dollars on attorneys and subject themselves to the oftentimes frustrating court-based process that is adversarial and tends to increase conflict rather than encourage creative problem solving.
This is where our community-focused mediation clinic, The Mediation Roadshow, comes in. Yes, you can applaud now if you would like.
Our goal is to bring experienced, dispute resolution professionals to our neighbors, featuring convenient locations, simplified scheduling, and reduced costs. Services are provided at our main office in Medfield, Massachusetts, but may be arranged at other locations.
Is Your Conflict Right for this Clinic?
The Mediation Roadshow is a good option if you have conflict with another person or organization and the issue or issues are relatively contained. Just as you might not go to a walk-in medical clinic for major surgery, the Mediation Roadshow is not the place for highly complicated matters. Yes, we can help with that type of conflict, and do so on a regular basis, but this clinic is not the right forum to work through every detail of your divorce or to negotiate the details of a corporate merger. Appointment times are limited so we can help a number of people each session.
Many types of conflict can be solved with the assistance of trained dispute resolution professionals – and when each side is willing to listen and consider a compromise. Some examples of problems that would be a good fit for the Mediation Roadshow include:
- Noise and nuisance issues between neighbors, such as barking dogs, early morning leaf blowing, loud music, etc.
- Conflict between roommates
- Property line and boundary disputes, overhanging trees, fences, etc.
- Landlord-tenant and housing matters, including payment of rent, maintenance, parking, etc.
- Consumer disputes whether with a contractor, car dealer, department store, or other business
- Changes to your parenting plan: You are divorced or never-married parents, and need assistance with revising your parenting schedule
- Child support modifications and payment of children’s expenses
- Conflict regarding aging parents and elder care
- Adult children moving back home
- Conflict between students, in high school or college
- Disputes involving government agencies, schools, non-profits
- Co-workers and employment matters of limited scope
Upcoming clinic dates:
All Mediation Roadshow clinics are scheduled between the hours of 3:00 pm and 8:00 p.m, unless otherwise noted.
- October 24, 2016
- November 1, 2016
- November 7, 2016
- November 14, 2016
- December 5, 2016